Friday, January 21, 2011

365 Photos of 2011

I came across a blog sometime last year of a guy taking photos every single day for a year. It seemed like a great idea and his photos were just so interesting. I decided this would definitely be something I do for 2011, and, of course, I put all over Facebook that I would be doing it. I got varying reactions from "that's great!" to "that is too much work". Let me be the first to inform everyone it is not easy at all.


First reason it's not easy, I am not that interesting of a person Monday-Friday. No seriously, my days consist of an 8 hour job with the same people, a cramped ride home on the CTA and a few hours of a combination of cleaning, cooking or watching TV. So how do I find something to take a picture of every single day? I am only 21 days in and I am worried about this!


Second reason it's not easy, apparently I am not all that great with a camera. Most of the pictures I have up as of right now have been taken with my phone. While the Blackberry Torch is has a good camera, it's not exactly photographer quality. So the pictures are not that great then combine that with sometimes not so interesting. Being that I am almost always in some level of intoxication when I use my regular camera I dont even really know what it is capable of. Basically I am feeling really bad for the people who keep checking the album in hopes of seeing some great and life changing photo. Newsflash, I want a life changing photo too.

All of that having been said, I am not complaining. It is actually kind of fun when its like 11pm and I trying to figure out what I will take a photo of  before midnight. It is also a bit of fun when I wake up in the morning and think to myself "I hope I come across something interesting to take a photo of". I like the feeling of wondering if something will happen to me worth photographing. I also like that I now find I want to do more after work so that I will have something to photograph. I am very much open to suggestions if you want to give me something to do so that I can take a good photo. I am 21 days into a 365 day project and my dog has already been featured at least twice. I will have to make it a goal to find more interesting things to take photos of. It might be time to pull out of the manual of my Samsung dual view camera and get to work on figuring out the many settings and capabilities so that I can use it to take some amazing photos.

Now we can come to the why on earth I decided to make a commitment to taking 365 photos. I really want to see how I change over this year. With all the plans I have in my head and things that I hope to do and change in 2011, what better way to do this than to take a photo everyday? I want to be able to look back in 10 years and say "Wow, 2011 was a great year for me."

No comments

With Curls & Cocktails ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger