Friday, December 23, 2011

Have a very merry....


I guess I don't really have a theme for today but it is Friday and I will most likely not post this weekend because well its finally going to be Christmas!! I can't believe how quickly it got here. I have been so stressed the last few weeks that my Christmas spirit was dwindling but last night I had my girls A & Bellydancer over and we made some cookies and truffles laughed, joked and caught up with all the crazy going on in our lives. I love these girls for bringing me back from that ledge I have been teetering on the last few days!
A's expert skills 

Oreo truffles
Peppermint Whoopie pies
Hershey kiss cookies
1. I can not wait to give out the rest of the gifts I got for people and just see how happy they are when they open them! I have to say that its probably my most favorite part of the holiday. Getting someone the perfect gift and being there to see their face makes up for the crazy lines and ridiculous amount of money I spend every year! I got my sister this awesome gift and I am thinking of wrapping inside a box, inside another box, inside another box just to make funnier when she opens it.

2. I have to share with you all that I absolutely love Christmas music, which I may have mentioned before but I have been listening to it since the first week of November. I love Michael Buble's holiday album and especially this song:


I won't lie I still think Mariah kills it every time but I think Michael Buble's voice is just so sexy!!

3. A got me the most amazing gift and I was so excited about it! She is seriously such a wonderful friend!! I was really near tears, which just goes to show what a dork I really am!

4. I didn't get to decorate much this year but I do get tons of cards from our clients and so I decorated my desk with them!


5. I am a little sad that there is most likely not going to be any snow on Christmas. It is the only 2 days a year that I hope for it. The weather has been scary mild. I am worried about what January will bring.

6. I have been very seriously debating making a move early in 2012 even if its just for about 6 months. I need to get a fresh perspective for awhile and I can't do it in Chicago.

This post is media heavy huh? Well I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. Spend as much time as you can with your families, enjoy the love and cheer of the season and smile!!  I can't wait to see all the pictures and posts that I am sure will come after.




4 comments

Cherie said...

I agree that the best part of the holiday is getting someone that perfect gift. I feel like (not to toot my own horn -- ok maybe) that I am pretty good at picking the perfect gifts for my friends.. but this year I was so utterly broke that it didn't happen. Next year, when I have made my millions, it will happen!

Your food looks scrumptious and I want it. Delicious food is another awesome part of the holiday season.

Where do you want to move to? I want to move after I graduate (May) as well, but I'm pretty terrified. Props to you if you do it!

Have a great Christmas!! :)

Lovelyladyjb said...

Have a Merry Christmas! Its great to be around the people that matter the most when times get tough! Here's to a new year and positivity!

new follower!

Gia said...

Oh man that food looks DELICIOUS!

Tiffani said...

Your baked goods look so yummy. I'm tempted to go bake something now! :P The apron is adorable, I love it.

With Curls & Cocktails ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger