Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Ooh Joy

Well its Tuesday and I wish I had today off...actually I wish I had all this week off. Next year no matter where I might be I am taking the week between Christmas and NYE off for sure! I couldn't be more tired right now! 


My Christmas was fantastic! I love spending time with my family and as mentioned before I love seeing the happy faces when people get to open the gifts I got them. I surprised my sister with a gift she didn't ask for but had mentioned she wanted to get herself and that was a great feeling! 


Christmas eve I hauled all my bags and packages onto the train to go to my parents and ended up seated behind this couple who had just gotten engaged either the night before or that morning but they were adorable and planning how to surprise their family. It was seriously so adorable. I wish I had gotten a photo of them! So we hung out and wrapped presents and cooked. I don't go to Church often and I have always meant to post my religious opinions...I can't remember if I have before. 
Anyway, I did go to the service with my family before dinner and I am actually so glad that I did. The message was Hope and I think I honestly needed to hear it. I was feeling in a serious kind of funk leading up to Christmas this year and I was starting to feel very hopeless so as I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason I am thankful that I did not skip service to keep baking! So enough blabbering and here are some photos from Christmas Eve! 
Candles everyone lit in Church 
The Family

My aunt, Mom & I 

My sister loving her gift 

Cheeses for her gift :) 
Clearly there were lots of smiles!! 


Christmas Day we woke up around 7 or 8 I think and went down to open gifts. I know you all are wondering and yes Santa was very good to me and got me my #1 gift on my wishlist!! We went to see Sherlock Holmes 2 and that was fun! 

Yay!!! 
Here are some of my nephew and brother: 
Adorable candy cane nephew
Mac love 
serious concentration
It was a great day! Monday I got home around 2 and hung out. We have some not so pleasant stuff going on at our apartment and I am hoping it doesn't effect our NYE plans because all of my friends are expecting to come by for a party. I got to see A and we went to get some Puerto Rican food. 

I can't wait to hear what everyone did for Christmas and see the photos that I am sure will come!! Ooh and in case you were wondering I did not get that Cowboy I asked for :( 



8 comments

Marie@PoutyPinkPrincess said...

Looks like you had a fabulous Christmas! You will be baking away with that new mixer!! So sorry you are working today...it seems like it take a few days to recoup from holidays!

Tiffani said...

Ahh!! I am so jealous! A standing mixer. I want one so badly. = ) Looks like you had an awesome Christmas with your family, too, which is wonderful!

Elle Sees said...

y'all had a great xmas!! and such a beautiful family. i hope your nye is great too.

Cherie said...

Gotta say, I'm always super jealous of people with cute family photos over the holidays. You guys look great and I love your outfit!

I pretty much "awwed" at the engaged couple and I didn't even get to see them. Depending on my mood, I'll either think that kind of thing is adorable or roll my eyes because I'm secretly jealous.

Breanna said...

Glad you had a great Christmas :)

just tututiny said...

Beautiful photos, everyone looks amazing!

Hope you had a wonderful holiday!
Check out my blog for a review on Sharp Hill Designs handbags ;)

Jessica Renee said...

Love the pictures, sounds like you had an amazing time celebrating with your family! I hope your cowboy comes soon ;)

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

Yay, your mixer is beautiful. I got one for my wedding, and I don't know how I ever lived without before. Great pictures (your nephew couldn't be any cuter). Looks and sounds like you had a great holiday!

*Erin

With Curls & Cocktails ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger