Friday, January 20, 2012

January Birchbox

So as you may recall I took the plunge and subscribed to Birchbox. I am very excited to finally start adding some beauty products into my life and if nothing else just being able to try some new things. I got my first box last week and was thrilled! 

So here is the box again: 


* So far I have tried the nail polish which I love!! At first I was worried it was just too blue for my taste, I usually go with darker colors but it grew on me and I will definitely be buying a full size bottle. 
see those nail painting skills! 

* I have worn the Juicy Couture perfume sample all week. I am so very picky about scents I knew it would be hard to get me to like this one. I don't mind it so much but I definitely would not buy a bigger bottle. It will be great to have a carry around scent for those days when I feel not so smell-goody. We will see how that goes! 

* Who doesn't want to try a pretty pink lip gloss?? I tried it and well...you can barely tell I was wearing it. I think my lips might be too dark. Who knows!?! I liked it though, it added a nice shine to some boring old lip balm
I know this is a ridiculous picture
* Eye serum...so I used this two evenings this week and I will have to get back to you about whether or not its doing anything for me but it feels very refreshing when I put it on! 

*I will admit I am not a big fan of Larabars or any bar for that matter. It looked gross but tasted pretty good. I mean if I was dying for chocolate and it was all there was I would eat it and be a happy girl but otherwise I'd take a pass on that. 
I did finish it though

I am super excited to see what comes in February! Have you subscribed? Did you get a different box this month? 

3 comments

Jessica Renee said...

This is such a good review post! I'm liking that nail polish too! I've been thinking about trying Birchbox but I'm so scared I'll get the crappy stuff. haha!

Victoria said...

I want to try Birchbox, how cool!! I have been following you for a while and nominated you for a blog award, check it out! http://vibrantlyvictoria.blogspot.com/2012/01/this-uh-mazing-girl-namesd-courtney.html

<3 Victoria

Claire said...

Hi! I keep seeing these boxes on blogs, i'd be scared of getting inferier products...yours look good though!

With Curls & Cocktails ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger