Monday, January 16, 2012

OOh Mondays...

Well it is Monday again....I don't know about you all but I am rarely if ever happy on this day of the week. I am also here at work while much of the city is off today. Damn this not working for school business. 

Anyway it was a pretty good weekend, nothing too exciting but still overall a good one. 

1. I got my very first Birchbox! Yay me! I have read lots of posts about them so, of course, I got a subscription. For those of you who don't know me I am a pretty simple girl. I rarely get my nails done, or my hair done. Not to say that I don't take good care of it all but I just don't really get into it much. I also wear minimal amounts of makeup, I'm talking blush and eyeliner/eyeshadow max. So that being said I am excited to see what new things I can try! I did a little dance on Friday when it came... I will have to let you all know in another post once I get to try everything! 



2. Saturday I had a lunch date with a guy from the online dating world. I think we will call him Mr.Hops. I am only giving him a name because I know 100% there will be another date! I knew once he and I exchanged numbers and text that he was going to be very fun to talk to and eventually hang out with. He let me pick the day for the date, asked if I was more comfortable with lunch or dinner drinks, picked me up(nearby-still careful not to let strangers know where I live) opened doors, dropped me off by the door so he could find parking and I wouldn't have to walk in the snow. Scored a 10 for looking exactly like his photo which happens to be a very adorable blonde hair, blue eyed guy. Conversation flowed well, he made me laugh, complimented me at the appropriate times. I would say he was a winner! He made a very cute joke as I was getting ready to get out of the car that I was smiling about for the rest of the day. The only iffy hiccupy type thing is that he is 39. He doesn't look his age which is great and he doesn't act too young or too old so for now I am not going to let that bother me. He already text me asking if I would like to meet up this week. Yay!!

3. Thanks to #2 I was better able to deal with the constant arguments I was having with The Boy all last week. He is still not on the same level of over it acceptance that I am so we tend to have some nasty arguments that result in me being completely flustered. That is definitely something I do not miss and will never do with the next guy whenever that may come along.

4. A and I went to a co-workers party this weekend and had a great time. I wish I had a picture but I completely forgot to take one and that sucks since I know I looked pretty good! I do want to share this picture she just posted on FB from November I think....
look at those cheesy smiles

5. Sunday I went to visit the family. I couldn't believe how much I missed them. I usually make it a point to visit every sunday and sometimes if the timing is good I also visit during the week. I hadn't seen them since the Monday after Xmas. I was having family time withdrawls. I don't know what I will do when I move away from Chicago. I think it will be a lot harder than I think. Luck would have it that my cousin's were over with their adorable little girl. She is too cute and so active! We can't forget my gorgeous nephew who talks so much more everytime I see him greeting me by calling my name and giving me hugs!

excuse my messy hangover hair 
he loves those jammies

6.  Ummm I actually don't have a number six....So that's all for now folks! 

I can't forget to say a little something about Martin Luther King Jr. today. Although, I complain about not having the day off it is still a wonderful thing to have a day to recognize the amazing man that he was and the revolutionary things he stood for. 

Source: bing.com via Meg on Pinterest



5 comments

Kristina said...

YAY for #2!!! I met my soon to be hubby online.!!!

Miranda said...

glad you had a great date after that horrible one! hope the next day is just as great!

Maggie said...

Ah congrats on a successful date!!! How exciting...he sounds dreamy ;)

Also, yay for 1st Birchbox! Can't wait to hear what you got...looks like you received some goodies.

PS - Look out for my post tomorrow, I tagged you!

P!nky said...

Yay, glad the date went well! Good luck for future dates!!! :)!

That lil one is too too cute!!!

Have a great day!

lsaz said...

I've seen those Birchboxes on a couple blogs now and I am intrigued. I'll have to look it up to learn more!

With Curls & Cocktails ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger