Thursday, May 10, 2012

Skincare questions & Its Ok!

I don't know if I have mentioned this before but I have a serious fear of aging...well I guess we kind of all have that fear right? Well anyway even though I have this fear I think I have taken for granted that I have naturally good skin. I have never really worn much makeup in fact I may only wear makeup when I go out out otherwise I am fresh faced 5-6 days a week. The only thing I am really diligent about is moisturizing but I do think its time I get a good routine down on taking care of this face of mine. Since I will be leaving for China soon I want to make sure I have something kind of down that works to help me fight whatever elements I might come across over there. 


So this is the part where I ask you ladies for recommendations on the best skincare products that don't cost $100 a bottle...your girl is saving up to move across the world! But really I do need a little advice because what I have been doing is bound to not leave me so fresh faced and pretty for too much longer. 


Now for some Its Ok Thursday Business! 

Its Ok Thursdays


almost Friday Wooo Hooo!!! 

Its Ok....

-To fight your nephew for the TV just so you can watch the last 5 minutes of The Voice
-To have some friends that you have not seen for a year and when you do finally see each other its like no time passed
-To be very excited for my NY friend Fashionista to come into town this week
-To be going Prom dress shopping at the thrift stores this weekend w/A 
-To miss The Boy and be very excited to see him this weekend...
-To have accidentally  spent a ridiculous amount of time on Stylemepretty.com looking at Chicago weddings 
-To seek skincare advice on the internet from strangers and blogger friends 
-To be anxious about getting the next 3 immunizations since you got sick from the last 3
-To have sent out an FB invite for my going away/bday party a month early
-To not want to study at all this week...just don't have it in me! 


Think that's about all I have today! What is ok with you?? 




7 comments

Established: 2008 said...

My favorite kind of friends are exactly what you described. It doesn't matter how long it's been since you've seen each other or what is going on in everyone's lives, it's like you haven't missed a beat. Definitely treasure those people!

Micah said...

I love the Mary Kay skin care line. I have been using it for three years (including one year as a consultant). It's been the best stuff I can find for my skin, and I was one of those who tried EVERYTHING on the shelves before that. I'd be happy to hook you up with some free samples if you're interested. Just e-mail me. :)

Cait said...

aww i love seeing friends and catching up as if nothing has changed :) the best! cute blog girl!

Monica said...

You are so lucky to be that pretty with no make up!! You go girl! You have to try night of Olay! It is the best moisturizer and only cost 6 bucks at Walmart! I've been using it for years and love it!!!

Miranda said...

truthfully for skin i just use clean and clear 10% benzoyl peroxide wash (used to be prescription) and then aveeno products since they are more natural...they even have a tinted moisturizer i love!

Asha said...

I love Mary Kay as well! It's not exactly the cheapest on the market but the products have cleared up my skin and stopped breakouts. But since you have such great skin as it is (lucky!) you may not need that whole system. I also like neutrogena original cleanser and olay moisturizer. Best part? The total for both is only about $10! :)

Hope that helped!

Laura said...

Have you tried ROC products? They are pretty good! Have a great weekend Monica!

With Curls & Cocktails ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger