Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Holidays away

I've been kind of MIA this week. Two reasons one its been nuts at the school so busy and 2 I'm terribly down with the holiday coming. It's Wednesday night for me while I type this and I am sitting here fighting tears while I make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies. I had to go through a lot just to get the ingredients to make it, and had to borrow two toaster ovens.

I asked the other teachers over for dinner Thursday so I wouldn't be sitting at home and unfortunately we couldn't get a turkey. The hotels usually make them but only for Christmas, there just aren't enough Americans here to get them for thanksgiving. So I am making chickens. It's been an interesting experience getting ready for the day when no one around cares or celebrates.

Anyway here are some pics!


-the chickens came with their head and feet! I couldn't do it so I called in back up!



-feet stuck in its butt!



-pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!


-toaster oven 1





-toaster oven 2



-days like today are why I have a countdown!


1 comment

Mellissa Rondinelli said...

Sorry you are down :(

Seems like you are making the best of it - who says you HAVE to have turkey on thanksgiving ... toaster oven chickens are WAY BETTER anyways!

Happy Thanksgiving!!
Shia

With Curls & Cocktails ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger