Friday, April 19, 2013

This week....

I've been reading blogs all week and commenting like I usually do but could not find the words to post anything. I seriously feel like every single time I have logged onto my computer and gotten on the internet there is new of another tragedy, of something awful happening. None of these directly effect me, for one I am in China. 2, I haven't been to most of the places where the awful events are taking place. 3, the only person I know personally who runs the Boston Marathon opted out this year. But it makes me so sad. Its amazing the access to information we have now but its also so awful at the same time. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time reading articles and watching news videos and discussing with people what has gone on this week and its so overwhelming and sad. Even though for most of the stories I am reading there are great stories of ordinary people turned heroes helping those when they were risking their lives its not enough to make you wonder what is happening to our society?! 

Most of you know I do not practice a specific religion and I think that if you have the kind of faith in any religion that you practice what you preach then I applaud you. But I can say that I think we should all take the time to send positive thoughts and energy into this world. If you pray, then pray. If you don't then just be kind and hope it pays forward. We have to stop overlooking things we think are not quite right, and instead of judging offer our help. Make sure you tell the people you love that you love them because even if nothing happens to them tomorrow or even a year from now, they should know. 

I hope you all have a good weekend and that we start to receive some good news in this world instead of tragedy after tragedy. 




1 comment

Stephanie said...

I hope more people take that advice. I'm not religious either but I at least try to be kind and fun and happy and hope that passes on.

With Curls & Cocktails ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger