Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tattoo Talk-Link Up!

I stumbled across this link up over at Tales of a Twenty-Something and I knew it was just right for me today! 

button

Last year I did a link up for tattoos, which you can see here that showed off my five tattoos that I have currently. But this time I think I want to show some ideas of what I am looking to do next. 

For a long time I was very anti-sleeves for girls but over the last couple years I have fallen in love with the idea of having one myself...maybe just a half though. But anyway, I have decided to wait until after I've reached some goals I have for myself so that I can have the theme of the sleeve be about change and new beginnings. 



I have wanted a thigh tattoo for awhile...actually I want something that pretty much goes mid thigh all the way up my left side including the half sleeve. 
But I do love this tattoo: 


My sister and I have talked about getting another tattoo that matches and for a long time she wanted a sparrow(she loves Johnny Depp) I was pretty hesitant for obvious reasons but then after going abroad and spending some time learning about different tattoos and finding new things I have fallen in love with I think a Sparrow would be perfect for  me as well. My reason would be that sparrows are birds that travel long distances but always return home(not to be confused with swallows which sailors often get) 
There is a lot of symbolism behind Sparrows but that is what I most identify with. 

I'd really like to get it in white ink since this is very similar to the placement we both want. 


Do you have tattoos?? Want them?? Link up lets hear about it! 




4 comments

Rachel said...

I don't have a single tattoo. I really, really want "wanderlust" tattooed on my ribs. Just a simple tattoo in cursive font. Now to talk my husband into it.

Erin said...

i love sleeves. I would never ever get one, but i love them and wish i would!!!

Allie @ Tales of a TwentySomething said...

I love the white ink tattoos and have really thought about getting one! I'll have to go click on the link showing all of your current tattoos! Thanks for linking up :)

Jodi said...

I love the white sparrow. One of my next two tattoos is going to be in white ink and take up most of my forearm. I was totally daunted by having so much ink in such a visible place, but as I get a bit older and more confident, I just don't care anymore.

A thigh tattoo would be amazing, but I have dancer's thighs. LOL, it's just not going to look like that gorgeous picture you shared on me.

With Curls & Cocktails ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger