Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Cringeworthy things...

Since I had way too much time on the internet the last few days what with the ridiculous weather I found a few things that make me just cringe a bit...and then some that make me want to slap someone.

1. People calling Chicago "Chiberia"



Stop. Its not cute. Is it cold? Yes. Is is F**king cold? Yes. Is it anywhere near Siberian weather because we have two days of colder weather than we have in 20 years? No.


2. Shit like this article....

Forget The Thigh Gap, The Bikini Bridge Is Where It’s At This Year (Photos)


I could punch the writer for being such a dickweed. I thought it was sarcasm as first...it was not.


3. People calling Chicago "Chiraq" 
Notice a trend here? I am not a fan of the stupid ass things people come up for Chicago.



No, its not ok that we have such a terrible gang violence problem that kills plenty of innocent bystanders every single day. No. So don't glorify it by calling it some name you think is cool. Just NO.


4. Excessive Political Posts on Facebook...

Guess what? I don't really care what you think about Politics. It will not change my mind and I don't need to see that nonsense every day. There are a million things I could post to support my point of view, but I don't...know why? Because its FACEBOOK! I'm sorry but please don't tell me that your next door neighbors kid being a ginger has something to do with Obamacare and how its ruining everyone's life. Please. Just shut up.


Ok...that is all for now..because I could actually go on and on and it seems as though I am angry...AND just to end this on a happy note I will share something that makes me smile!




Your welcome. 




6 comments

Erin said...

not even kidding some ass hat inturupted my yoga class last night mid pose and goes, "do you know they are calling chicago chi-beria?" no one else was talking and we live in Maryland WTF

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

people who get into political "debates" on facebook are legit morons. my friend did that and proceeded to clog up my feed with eleventy billion responses so i just wrote to him: FUCKING COOL IT ALREADY! YOU HAVE YOUR OPINION, HE HAS HIS; NEITHER ONE IS WRONG SO END IT ALREADY! then i made a funny joke about his point of view and he got mad at me. bitches need to lighten up!

kathy
Vodka and Soda

Cherie said...

I haven't heard the Chicago names, but those are annoying.

And yeah, that bikini bridge thing is ridiculous. I hate those kind of articles. As if it isn't difficult enough to be a woman in society... let's come up with more ways that the average woman can feel about herself!

Betsy said...

Seriously bikini bridge?! This is why I hate people.

Stephanie said...

I haven't even heard Chiraq yet, but I'm not at all surprised. I hate these chicago names. And that chiraq shirt is awful.

Ok anyway, where did this new layout come from? Did I miss it's debut? I'm sorry! I love it, the header is adorable. And your new picture!! The 20s suit you.

Sarah Flandro said...

Chiraq, Chiberia, and all of the other dumb ass names piss me off too. People come up with a new name every single day. Oh and I absolutely LOVE when they add them into their Facebook name, such as "Chiraq EBK, Eddie Chiraq Soulja Sosa" etc. smfh.

SO annoying.


xo, Sarah
Hustla, baby.

PS- that bikini bridge looks gross to me. I wouldn't want one. LOL

With Curls & Cocktails ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger