So I thought I might share some tips for Positivity! Some things that always help bring a little ray of sunshine back into my doom & gloom and ways to help get your shit back to dandelions & rainbows again:
1. Talk to a friend. Seems pretty basic right? It really effing helps...not just any friend though..someone you know will give you lots of love and advice or just listen if that is what you need!
2. Hug someone. Also, seems pretty basic but we need to be touched. It helps reduce anxiety, makes us feel connected...in short it makes you feel effing better. So do it. If you can snuggle up with your boo or get a giant hug from a parent or friend it will help!
3. Do something active. Its proven that doing some kind of exercise releases something or other that makes you feel high...like if you smoked something...without the shitty comedown(not that I know anything about that) Chocolate also does this but if you are like me and stress eat then don't do it because you will cry about it later.
4. Write it down. When I get really overwhelmed and down I write it all down. Maybe I share with someone, maybe I don't but I get it all on paper so I can put it somewhere and walk away from it. Maybe you are just stressing over something small or maybe it is a huge decision...writing down all your thoughts and feelings may help you get it in perspective.
5. Watch something funny. I don't know about other people but when I am feeling shitty I always make it worse by watching things that make me cry. A tip for positivity is to turn that shit off and find something funny. Laughing can't hurt...can it?
6. Make a child laugh. This one might not work if you don't have access to children. There is nothing that can make me smile faster than hearing my nephew or any kid start laughing uncontrollably. You know what I mean??
Ok so maybe 5 & 6 could go together??/
7. 30 Second Dance party. Grey's Anatomy showed me the wonders of a 30 second dance party. Put on your favorite upbeat song(remember nothing that makes you even more sad) and get your ass up and dance & sing it out. Make it count like you are trying for the last effing spot on some dance/singing competition show.
I know sometimes it really as easy as saying "Ok, this is it, I am going to be happy" but sometimes it just doesn't work that way so try some of these tips and see how it works!
Do you have any tips, anything you do to help yourself out of a rut??