Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Humpday Confessions!

Its that time again....


I confess....

-I finally decided to get my shit together after stepping on the scale for the first time in 4 months. I could say I have no clue how that shit got that bad but I do...so taking ownership and getting right 


-Since I decided to get shit done I am now suffering from 2nd day leg day recovery...

-I am super excited that I won tickets to see Dierks Bentley Thursday night! I will be daydreaming about that man all day tomorrow! 


-Finding something that makes me happy every day for the past 12 days has been awesome! I will make it to the 100 days!! It really has made me stop and look at things and see how small things really do add up! 


-I definitely confess...I need to learn to be much more respectful in my relationship with The Boy. Actually I think we both do. We are both very short tempered and I can be a major bitchass and I need to remember that I am super polite and kind to everyone else and definitely wouldn't talk to other people in my life that way so I need to be the same with him. 


- I dislike when people act like being a certain age gives you an excuse to say "I'm too old for this or that" and especially when they do it to be condescending.  I don't believe you are too old for shit. I met people from all over the world who decided they were going to quit their miserable lives and make better ones. Being 30 does not mean that you can't have a week where you go out every night and have fun. Being 25 does not magically mean that you should start looking for a husband and thinking about kids. Being 45 does not mean that you can't decide you want to travel the world. Being 70 doesn't mean you have to start wearing moo moos instead of some outfit that makes you feel sexy. If people don't want to do something that is fine but don't blame your age. I am 29, if I don't want to go out, pop mollys and dance my ass off at an EDM concert on a Tuesday night it is not because I am too old for it, it is because I don't want to do it.  Own it and stop blaming your age. 



Ok...that one got a little long. What do you confess today??? 



4 comments

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

i'm way too old for bar hopping and drinking until i pass out but you damn sure i'll be doing that in may when i head to miami. then i'll come back and blog/whine about how awful i feel! LOL

thanks for linking up!

-kathy | Vodka and Soda

Stephanie said...

I'M not to old for partying all week like I did in college... but my body is. I cannot recover like I used to and it makes me want to cry! Sunday was BRU.TAL. after the bar crawl. Damnit fishbowl.

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

Dierks Bentley?! I am SO jealous!!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

I confess to YOU that "I'm too old for this shit" is definitely in heavy rotation for me! hahaha

With Curls & Cocktails ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger