Thursday, March 6, 2014

Things I don't regret...

I find myself coming across posts with people voicing regrets more often than saying what they don't regret so I thought I might try something a little different....



-I don't regret not going away to school. It was an option, I chose to stay and didn't finish. Everything happens for a reason and wasting 60K+ and not having a clue what career I wanted seems not so smart...

-I don't regret the mistakes I made with a certain guy. You live & you learn right? It made me appreciate what I had even more and it also made me see how shitty some men can be...

-I don't regret making the decision to go to Thailand instead of moving to Florida to live near my real father and work for him. I got to see places in the world I had only dreamed of instead of ending up in an office working hard to impress my father. 

-I don't regret the trip I took with K, that almost ruined our friendship. When all was said and done we go to do so much and even though it was a mess for most of it I don't regret getting to see 5 different countries and try tons of new things.

-I don't regret letting go of that toxic friendship and refusing to pick it up again. She was never a good friend to me and I never knew how to let it go...but I did and even though it still lingers and she is still around I never want to go back down that road again. 

-I don't regret deciding to stay in Chicago and not immediately rushing right back abroad when things got tough. This one actually took the past couple months to really confirm that I am ok with that decision. If I had run right back I may not have worked things out with The Boy, I may have missed some amazing moments with my family. 

-I don't regret blogging. At times I have worried that what I say on here could bite me in the ass, especially some things I wrote in the beginning but it has always been honest and blogging generally makes me happy! 


What are some things you don't regret??

3 comments

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

toxic relationships are the worst. i let go of mine and i've never looked back. like you, they're still there and we're polite but it's nowhere near what it used to be because i refuse to let it.

-kathy | Vodka and Soda

Stephanie said...

I agree on sticking it out in Chicago! It would have been easy to take a different bar and start over somewhere else, but I'm glad I stayed here. And definitely about the toxic friends. I dumped one a few months ago and it's been amazing ever since. No more drama!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

I feel the same way about not going away to school. There were times when it was hard and I felt like I was missing out... but I had great experiences regardless!

With Curls & Cocktails ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger