Wednesday, January 20, 2016

On Humpday Confessions...

It's Wednesday and snowing...no thanks to my weather app since it says 40% chance of snow while its been snowing for over an hour. #weathermensuck 

Time to confess...I might get super confessional today...


I confess...

- I used to be excited for Wednesdays...you know confessions and all that. Now? Now I get to be up at 6:30 and go to work, then class till 9:20 pm. Eff Wednesdays. 



- I have high expectations from friends. I admit it. I expect the person to be as good a friend to me as I am to them even though this may be in different ways. In recent years this has led me to be very selective with becoming good friends with new people. Life happens but if I talk to someone who lives in another country with a 13 hour time difference more than a friend who lives a couple blocks away that is not ok. #sorrynotsorry I am surrounding myself with people who know this about me and want to be in my life. 


- My parents were chore nazis. No joke. Like seeing the lines from vacuuming and nothing on the counters, chores better be done before you go outside or touch the tv kind of stuff. I hated it as a kid but now...I CANT handle people who don't clean. Can't handle. Like starting to get a tick when I walk in the apartment and see dishes and food on the counters or hair in the bathtub. It's kind of sick. #dirtypeoplescareme
This is what happens to me...seriously. 

- I love love hot weather. Like love it. You will never hear my complain about it being too hot or humid or stuffy. Nothing. The hotter the better. Summer doesn't exist if its not over 85-90 for at least 2 weeks. My life in Chicago has been rough the last couple summers. #hotterisbetter
Sweating doesn't bug me at all. It goes with the weather...

- I have a serious sweet tooth. Its bad. Beyond the fact that it is what always hinders my losing weight I can eat a whole bag of cookies in a sitting and not think twice. I absolutely love Keebler's Soft Batch. They are my drug of choice and I need therapy. #cookiesaremydrug



- I fall off the sexy wagon in the winter. No really I do. I barely do my nails, forget combing my hair unless its a weekend and I'm going out and my feet are scary. I try so hard to not let it happen but it does. I get so pale and its so cold and I don't want to get out of bed in the morning and my cute knee high socks cover my too hairy legs. Luckily The Boyfriend continues to lie to my face and tell me I am beautiful and pretend he doesnt notice and I can hide my feet with socks. Maybe confessing this is the first step on the road to recovery??  #ineedhelp #wintermakesmeugly 

So there you have it. Some serious confessions today. 

What are you confessing?? 












11 comments

Alanna @ Alanna and Company said...

Oh my god, now that I've cut out wine my sweet tooth is out of control! Eeek

lil desiqua said...

That weather one reminds me of Mean Girls, "There's a ...60% chance it's already raining" lol.

I've become more selective about friends and who I spend my time with as I've gotten older. Ain't nobody got time for people who your there for, but aren't there in return. And my time is valuable! No use spending it with people who either don't support you or don't make you happy. #byefelicia

Amy @ Getz Girl on Fire said...

The sweets . . . they are a struggle. All day, every day!

Dirty people do suck. I wonder how they can live in the muck and just not notice. I may need to organize a thing or two but my shit is clean.

You're preaching to the choir on the winter uglies . . . it's just too cold. I was considering removing my old toe nail polish today and then just said eff it. So lazy.

Kristen @ See You In A Porridge said...

i'm with you on the hot weather (seriously, if i could sweat the rest of my life away, i'd be happy), i'll never ever complain about the heat. oh and the friends - totally agree. i can count my in real life friends on one hand, and one of them lives on the other side of the world, and i talk to her more than this one random friend of a friend who thinks she's my friend. that sounds catty, but it's not, i just mean she's not my friend if i see / talk to her once a year and she lives 5 minutes away.

Cherie Jamison said...

I'm not a fan of extreme weather on either side... so I basically hate January and February and I hate July and August. If I had my way, it would be between 45 and 75 degrees always.

And I hear you on the cleanliness thing. I lived with some friends for a couple of years who were really messy. Sometimes I was ok with it, but some days it just grossed me out. I am not a crazy person with it, but I do like for things to be in their place.

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

LOL i basically stop shaving my legs in the winter. it's like chewbacca down there.

Nadine Lynn said...

I wish I loved being hot, I live in the perfect conditions for it but I love the cold. I cant stand being hot and sweaty which is like 9 months of the year down here haha. And I am with you on the cleaning. My parents were on us to do our chores and I cant stand clutter or messy houses. Sometimes I will go over to a house and see coffee stains on white counters, dust an inch thick on every surface, a weeks worth of dirty smelly dishes in the sink and I think...do you clean? At alllll?!?!?!

Erin of TexErin-in-SydneyLand said...

I'm right there with you about having a sweet tooth. I've been trying to keep grapes around me at all times, because when the sweet cravings strike, I have a hard time ignoring them. The other night, I looked at my husband (we were in the car about to pass a McDonald's), and I said "I want a caramel sundae. Seriously, stop." I don't know the last time I'd had one, but I wanted it, and there was no stopping me! It was goooooood.

Stephanie said...

I weirdly feel prettier in winter. Maybe that's because I'm a winter lover? I don't know, but I hate wearing makeup or doing my hair in the summer. Makeup melts off and the heat tools are too hot and my hair will just frizz up from humidity anyway. I do paint my toes more in the summer but that's about it!
Agree about cleaning. I cannot deal with dirty dishes or food left out. That's how you get bugs people. NASTY.

Alyssa Guttendorf said...

I got kind of real in my confessions post too yesterday, so #respect. My BF is dealing with the same Wednesday schedule these days (work a normal day, then night class 6-9... bleck), so I know it's def not easy! Make sure you reward yourself on Wednesday nights with lots of cookies :D

BLovedBoston said...

I developed a sweet tooth all of sudden and now I can't go a day without some sort of candy LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

With Curls & Cocktails ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger